You can either gift an iPad or iPhone app store app right from your iPhone/iPad or you can also do it from iTunes.
On iOS Devices:
- Open the App Store app from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch;
- Now search for the app that you wwish to gift to someone and tap on it;
- Now Tap on the share button at the Top-Right corner;
- Choose the Gift option;
- Input your “To” , “From” and “Subject” information;
- Scroll down and set when you want to send the gift i.e. Today or some other date;
- Tap on the Next button at top-right corner;
- Now choose the theme for your gifted app and tap on Next button;
- Review and confirm your gift details and tap the Buy Gift button;
- Finally tap the Done button.
- Launch iTunes on your Mac or PC;
- Click on iTunes Store in the left sidebar. (On iTunes 11, it’s at top-right side if you’ve not shown the sidebar);
- Click on the App Store that the top bar or simply search for the app you want to gift;
- Once you’ve found the app you want to gift, click the dropdown arrow button next to Buy/Download/Downloaded buttonand choose Gift This App option;
- This will take you to the Give a Gift page. You can either choose to Send gift via e-mail or Print gift myself to give to yourself. Print option doesn’t require an email. Fill out the form and click Continue;
- You’ll be asked for iTunes credentials, type in and click continue;
- On the next page review your gift details and click on Buy Gift button;
- A confirmation page will appear. Click Done button.